Friday, September 12, 2014

I do not feel safe in my own country.

For the first time in my 74 years, I do not feel safe in my own country. Even as a child, standing on the shore line of Ocean City, New Jersey, during war time (WWII), watching the gunfights out at sea at night, and examining the flotsam that washed ashore the next day, as frightening as that was, I still do not feel safe TODAY.
     Yes, I knew Nazi subs shelled Atlantic City during WWII. I heard that they landed spies on our coasts down south. Our FBI caught them, and they were eventually executed. 
      Today, now, under the current conditions in Washington, DC my country is not safe. I do not feel safe. What I know, see, watch, read, hear - I KNOW MY COUNTRY IS NOT SAFE for Americans.
      Why? C'mon........I do not trust the NSA, I do not trust the IRS. Not until they come clean with Darrell and his committee. We all know, if nothing happened, just blurt out the truth and get back to worth. I believe we have a geniune WATERGATE going on. How deep is this going to go??
      Actually, does anybody? Ever? Anyone in the White House? the president? For that matter, ANYTHING he says? The VP? Secretary of state whose credibility is paper thin? The Bobsey-twins who speak for the state department? The sailor in Chief who speaks with forked tongue for the Pentagon? The five-headed Ambassador to the UN who can't get her messages straight? 
      Oh, yeah, are we in a war, or not? Is it a non-war? If so, is it then ok to " lead from behind? If so, cause we're doin' a pretty good job of that, if you're counting heads, so to speak. I try to remember that just because He says something,................ doesn't mean it's so!!
       I wish Arthur Godfrey were still alive. He and his ukulele could do a lot of comedy on the above. I need a laugh.
###

No comments:

Post a Comment