Saturday, October 25, 2014

Guns--Creeping Gun Confiscation --- An unarmed public ---Abe Lincoln

When I was a young passionate hot-head (about  nearly everything) I belonged to various clubs, associations and organizations in my 20's through my late 30's. Marriage, two kids, a school board appointment, feeding, housing, clothing the family and fighting my way through two bastard economic downturns diverted the passions to more practical considerations.
     However, my membership in the NRA was useful in that I read back in the 70s about their various concerns about government confiscation of guns. Gun registration, they said would come first, mandatory registration, knocking on doors, demanding to see paperwork, maybe even police confiscating firearms from the home some day.
     This was the 'fever' back in the mid 70's. Ok, I thought, I wasn't excited about it, but I listened.
     The Constitution is a valuable thing. Tear it down and there is nothing that protects us. Nothing. In 45 years I have gone from a mildly interested bystander ( I owned a gun when my attorney said,
" I would join the NRA if I were you, guns are under attack legally - all the time.") and this from a five foot, wall-eyed homosexual Philadelphia lawyer in the mid 70's.
     So, I did. Not so much as a "gun nut" but, I had a minor in law from Wharton, so thought I'd
" take it out for a walk" so to speak.
     Now, today, the constitutional amendment is so under attack, branches of our government seek to undermine, by any means necessary  Amendment 2.
     No? you say? The administration has banned the importation of cheaper ammunition into this country that target shooters have been using for decades.
     Politically friendly northeastern states have hiked taxes on gun manufacturers who founded their businesses in those states during the American Revolution, so high, they have been forced to move to the south lands where they have been greeted warmly by job-hungry and low tax environments.
     Bills in left wing states like California and New York that crush individual rights on gun ownership continue to be introduced and/or passed have yet to reduce gun crimes because DC politicians have yet to grasp that thrill killers, bank robbers and convenience store stick up men don't follow laws - any laws. Gun bans in Chicago are laughable, the murder capital of the US where no guns are allowed, none, and the cops there admit to a dozen murders every weekend. The FBI KNOWS of 8 million handguns in the city where it is ILLEGAL to buy or sell them.
      Ask yourself two questions: in Chicago, how could your practically stop those punks from killing each other with guns? (remember, I said PRACTICAL) 2. In 2 years, Obama & Co is moving to Hollywood Hills to a mansion. He's moving, leaving, gone. If the President can't fix it?
In Connecticut a certain kind of rifle was purchased by a whole bunch of people and they had to register it with the police. Then, later, it was declared illegl, they had to turn it in. They didn't. Last I heard ( no the media didn't cover the story - surprised?) the cops said they were going into that neighborhood to knock on every door and collect the guns.  Now the cops had the lists. Police went to the homes and took the guns away, door to door. Harken back 40 years to the NRA's worst fear: REGISTRATION LEADS TO GUN CONFISCATION.
      My question to the reader -- why does the government want your guns?? 99.9% of all gun owning Americans didn't shoot anybody last night.
      Abe Lincoln said it best, " If America falls, it will be because of the enemy within."
###

No comments:

Post a Comment