Friday, May 16, 2014

WHY ARE WOMEN SO ANGRY TODAY?

Womens' studies........what  that? Feminists cry foul about their  ability - or lack of it - to study about womanhood. What the hell are they talking about?
     I've never attended a course in college, or high school for that matter, on how to be a man. Nowhere in my history, has any history professor, or high school teacher struck the nerve and said, OK guys, today we study " MANHOOD."
     I'm no pissed off about it, I'm not mad at anybody. I picked it up along the way.
     Today, I met another ANGRY  woman,, determined to make our time together on a joint project just as miserable as she could. She is 82, singe ( no there's my first clue) and has so much anger she smothers it in muffled laughter, harrumping over nothing. " Don't you want to yell?" She says to me. ' Don't you want to scream? "......at head of our organization who has us working on this time-wasting, useless task.
      I tell her no, I don't care to fight the boss over control, either. I'm just a volunteer.
      That pisses her off.
      82!! I say something that she has to rupture herself to disagree with and she spends the rest of the afternoon picking the fly shit out of the pepper I dodge, I weave, nothing. She follows me  and around in a war of words like an enemy fighter on my tail bobbing and weaving, guns blazing
      I love the women who stand there when I hold the door open for them and refuse to go in.
 " I....CAN...TAKE.....CARE....OF....MYSELF!!" kerthunk the other door slams as she dodges around me through a second. Another, she's at least as tall as I - six feet, two inches. " God, I love women who as tall as me, " I tell her.
      The glare is enough to blind me. " I don't appreciate any references to my size, " she growls. This lovely six footer, blue eyed blond should be on a magazine cover comes with a 45 caliber shield.
      Sorry, miss, I only meant it as a compliment.
      Research in Divorce statistics shows that women suffer far more AND LONGER bouts of depression and fury, anger and desire for reprisals than men do. I know that's hard to believe, but the research is there. It is not for men, as yet, but for women, it is established science.
      Studies show that divorced women are as angry, or more so, 10 full years after the decree as they were the day OF THE DIVORCE DECREE. Most mental health therapists make note with patients that appears to be ten wasted years of one's life. Ten years, stuck in the mud, fixated at a level of sadness, depression and misery instead of trying to "Move On" with their lives.
      The same Scholarship shows that men take less than half that time to recover their balance, pick themselves up and move on. Although this is not always the case, generally speaking, a high percentage of patients can produce these results under the right care.

333
     


















No comments:

Post a Comment