Thursday, May 1, 2014

The New Domestic Terrorists - enemies of your Wallet

Dentists. I have lived too long on the land, and have hauled many memories with me of days long gone by of more civil times. George Washington wrote the book: Rules of Civility of Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation. Act nice, consider others, show compassion, comport yourself with some consideration for others and it should be returned unto you. 
    Should.
    And then there was the 20th Century with mass immigration from other countries, strange customs that came with it, and demands on us to put up with it. Us...in our country. "When in Rome?..." Forget about it. 
    Dentists are now organized and focused on our wallets, themselves, and oh yes, lastly, your health. In my own personal experience in the last decade, I have been turned out of dental offices in Oklahoma, Arizona and Oregon because I didn't follow THEIR rules. And I had insurance. 
    My last experience came from a dental office owned, operated and staffed by folks from around the opposite side of the globe. It took ninety five minutes of financial qualification before my family member could sit in the dental chair. 
    Nitrous Oxide? "...that will be an extra charge of $175 but we can spread that out over 24 months of your pre-signed financial plan, sir." (Meanwhile, my patient is in the chair, screaming in pain.)
    Most of the pre-op hour and 45 minutes was spent running two CREDIT CHECKS and signing 37 separate credit papers and contracts for service ----in a dental office. 
    In a part of my career, I once worked for a sub-contractor for the CIA. During that period of my life I underwent a background check and signed a few papers. 
    It took me less time and paperwork to get into the CIA job than to get my wife's teeth fixed. I do not like the way my country is going, what is happening to the land of the free and home of the brave. We have lost control of this brave land and I do not like this one bit. 
    I search around for something to do about it.
### 

No comments:

Post a Comment