Saturday, January 21, 2017

DAY TWO, WE HAVE AMENDMENT ONE & CODE PINK

Thank God for our First Amendment, you remember that - freedom of speech. That which has been closed down on most American campuses. It is if you express ANY opinion slightly to the right of Marx, Lenin the political haze covering North Korea or Vlad's Desha.
     Anyway, A quarter million girls show up in force in DC to proclaim their " rights," scared to death that the new Imperator, President Trump will somehow take them away. Watching carefully all the TV coverage, I've spotted their signs proclaiming
charactures of Hitler, Stalin, Murderer, he hates women ( yeah, sure - notice his penchant for beautiful blondes??).
    One interview on CNN asked "Why are you here", attractive lady with her daughters in tow. She answered something to the affect, to make our future bright for our children. The rest of her answer was just as cloudy.
     The Seattle-type violence the night before was typical. I expected that. The new police tactics are not to push them too far, but effectively. As long as they do so, arrest the bad guys (200 & counting) so be it.
     You just knew the "demonstrations" were going to be a bad scene, and, it ain't  over yet. Laughably, all the fuss of President Trump is on his 2nd day in office. I'd be surprised if he's found his personal water closet and coffee pot, yet.  So much for the critics logic.
     The TV interviewers deftly handled the ladies swathed in pink without rousing a screaming match in anti-war, anti-Trump cacophony. Kudos.
     Ratings were out: Fox News again the winner in coverage,  I think CNN came in 2nd, no word on Meghan Kelly, last seen teetering on the edge of a tall building somewhere having turned down $100 million to stay put. 100 Million!! Think of it.
     Understand, I love women. I once met Gloria Steinham and chatted briefly with her here in Tucson. She personally called me a feminist, I was proud of that. I know she comes off as strident, but personally, I think she just needs to be loved a lot more. Then, she'll warm up. Love ya, Gloria.
     I hope the feminists do their thing, and keep in mind, we're all in the same boat, all of us. And as I told Gloria, the more we work together (men and women) the happier we all can be. We need to stop the yelling at each other, dear.
###

No comments:

Post a Comment